Let’s look into the details.
PHP 7.1 support
All features are available in Zend Studio 13.6.
Improved Composer tooling
The Composer tooling in Zend Studio 13.6 has been updated. The New PHP Project from Composer Package wizard now makes it possible to create a new PHP project directly from a Composer package available on Packagist. The same way as if the
composer create-project command was executed in the command terminal.
The Composer Editor has been renovated to make working with Composer dependencies easier. It embeds a JSON editor with intellisense features.
- New ES6 capable JS Parser
- Bower and NPM integration
- Grunt and Gulp integration
- Chromium V8 debugger
- New Node.js support
For a detailed description of each of the above features visit the Eclipse website.
Support for HiDPI displays
Zend Studio 13.6 introduces good support for HiDPI displays. The IDE will automatically scale the graphical user interface according to the DPI settings of the underlying operating system.
Note, that the best experience is achieved if the DPI is scaled at 200 percent.
Latest Eclipse Neon Platform
And there are even more improvements worth mentioning:
- Word wrap in all text editors
- Built-in shortcuts to zoom in text editor (this replaces the font size extra feature in previous versions of Zend Studio)
- Automatic save of dirty editors
- Full screen mode
- New Import Project wizard with autodetection for PHP projects
We recommend reading the full list of improvements.
Get started on your next project with Zend Studio 13.6 using PHP 7.1. Upgrade now or download a free trial.