The new version, which features Zend’s new gallery of community-driven add-ons, brings a new ecosystem of innovation around Z-Ray and Zend Server to Azure. Z-Ray provides unrivaled visibility into application performance. The new Zend Gallery delivers unlimited extensibility and innovation to an active community of developers, giving them increased visibility into PHP-based applications and frameworks.
“Today’s PHP development teams are looking to maximize productivity and performance. Zend, with Zend Server, anticipates and meets these developer requirements, offering new features and capabilities that expedite development and strengthen performance,” said Andi Gutmans, CEO of Zend. “The combination of an open gallery and feature-rich PHP distribution with a highly reliable and scalable cloud platform empowers developers with one-stop access to the extensions and plugins they need to build higher quality web and mobile applications faster, including in the cloud.”
“We welcome the addition of Zend Server 8.5 and its new community-driven gallery of plugins to our Microsoft Azure Marketplace,” said Nicole Herskowitz, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Microsoft Azure. “Zend Server provides a professional and optimized PHP distribution for developers. Enabling access to Zend Server will increase overall support for PHP-based frameworks and applications while helping developers build quality, scalable applications quickly in the cloud.”
New extensions allow PHP developers to create plugins to extend and customize Zend Server with additional features. Z-Ray, the ultimate PHP productivity solution, is integrated with Zend Server to enable in-depth insight into application code and performance. This latest release includes new plugins for Joomla, Doctrine2, Redis, OPcache, MariaDB, and LoS Modules. Also included are enhanced plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Zend Framework, Apigility, Laravel and Symfony.
Zend Server 8.5 new features include:
- Live support functionality to troubleshoot end-user issues in real time
- Redesigned UI for a superior user experience
- App and framework specific built-in routing support
- New Xdebug support
- Notifications about the environment displayed directly in Z-Ray
- Improved performance and lower memory consumption
- Increased granularity control of the data collected by Z-Ray
- New plugins display with multiple panels now consolidated under one top-level panel
- New capability to perform server-side actions from Z-Ray
- Multiple queues management
Zend Server 8.5 is available pre-installed on the Azure Marketplace today.