“ If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my ax ” - Abraham Lincoln 
Did you know?
- If you aggregate the world’s pageviews during peak times, there are more than 70 million page views per minute 
- In March, nearly 785,000 websites were down for about an hour after a single company, CloudFlare, had to manually reset their servers. 
- A single 18-hour Netflix outage crashed the company’s stock to a two-year low 
Zend helps developers build apps that are scalable and meet today’s availability requirements. We’ve designed Zend Server, which comes in both free and paid editions, to scale in minutes and keep apps continuously available.
How Zend Server Helps Developers (Yes, Even the Free Edition!)
- With Bytecode Caching , compiled PHP code is cached to avoid the overhead of parsing and compiling it on each request. You don’t need to change anything in your code to use this capability.
- Data Object Caching provides an API that can be used to reduce time-consuming datastore access calls.
- You can add a new server cluster in minutes and all apps in a cluster become available across all machines. Simply install Zend Server on your cluster, hit ‘Join Cluster’ and supply your credentials. Your new nodes start spinning up immediately.
- In the cloud scaling can be even more automated – just trigger scale-up (manually or programmatically), and everything from node provisioning through Zend Server installation and application deployment happens automatically.
- Zend Session Clustering Daemon caches without losing information and scales linearly. It provides a high-performance, linearly scalable storage that’s specifically tailored to serve PHP’s session mechanism. This is faster and more scalable than using database storage, and unlike Memcached – it’s designed to store non-transient data thanks to its High Availability feature. No code changes are needed to use this capability – simply change your storage backend files to Zend Storage Clustering and you’re done.
- Zend Server Job Queue lets you programmatically leverage offline processing. With this offline processing feature, users don’t have to wait for a transaction to happen when they access your website or application. Make credit card transactions, email creation and PDF generation and other functions more efficient by tackling certain parts of a transaction offline.
The Free version of Zend Server includes Bytecode Caching and Data Object caching, while the Professional and Enterprise editions include multi-server support, Session Clustering, and Job Queue, in addition to production level support, management, and troubleshooting capabilities.
Interested? Get the full lowdown on Zend Server and download for free
Watch a webinar about developing mobile apps that utilize cloud web services, by Kent Mitchell, Zend’s Director of Products.
 Akamai Technologies Real-Time Data Visualizations.
 RedOrbit, “Massive Server Crash Knocks Out CloudFare Leaving 785K Websites Down, 4 March 2013.”http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1112795826/cloudfare-server-crash-030413/
 Neustar, “Helping SMBs Prepare for Sudden Spikes in Online Traffic & Sales With UltraDNS.”
White paper. http://www.neustar.biz/enterprise/resources/dns-services/helping-smbs-prepare-for-sudden-spikes-in-online-traffic
Latest posts by zend (see all)
- PHP Next Generation is outperforming Facebook’s HHVM - July 17, 2014
- The 1st Pipeline Continuous Delivery Conference – A Huge Hit! - May 21, 2014
- The Zend Certification Process – Explained - March 19, 2014